Monday, September 28, 2009

Camp Out

Tweet This


We will do anything to get the kids out of the house on a Saturday morning. Including promising a camp out, that night.

"So I wonder how long we'll last outside tonight?" asks Stefan.

"Until it gets dark," I say predictively.

Well, nightfall came and we had already lost one taker.

"It's too dark to camp now," declares Vinny.

"Are you really going to sleep outside tonight?" I ask Gio, hoping he will back out too.

"Yes," says Gio confidently.

And off into the night, into the tent my husband and my youngest son went.

Vinny and I couldn't stand it. We both went outside, at least twice each, to check on them.

According to Stefan, they were just about to fall asleep when I asked, "Gio, are you sure you don't want to sleep inside tonight?"

"Okay!" says Gio, as he flew into the house.

Of course, once he was in bed he said, "I want to sleep outside now."

But it was too late to go back out now. My husband was over camping out, thank goodness!

Yeah, I kind of ruined the whole back yard camp out thing. But what if Gio really liked camping in the back yard? I might have to go on a REAL camping trip! I don't like camping, unless it involves a hotel room and room service.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like camping with adults. Eating, drinking, camp fire, a few card games. Of course, a bathroom and showers have to be near by and no more than two nights, thank you. :) my kids would probably like it for about 3 hours. Then they will want their electronic devices back. Sad really. Maybe I will make them go sometime. Haha!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

aw man seriously? I would be so happy with kids that hate camping. Uh I will camp for waves, but please don't tell anyone, k. Unless it's the Goddess of Waves of Perfection. Then that's ok.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter